By John P. Hirth
New types for dislocation constitution and movement are provided for nanocrystals, nucleation at grain limitations, stunned crystals, interphase interfaces, quasicrystals, advanced constructions with non-planar dislocation cores, and colloidal crystals. A assessment of experimentally verified major positive factors of the magnetoplastic influence with their actual interpretation explains many various result of this sort. The version has many capability purposes for forming methods motivated via magnetic fields.
• Dislocation version for the magnetoplastic effect
• New mechanism for dislocation nucleation and movement in nanocrystals
• New types for the dislocation constitution of interfaces among crystals with differing crystallographic structure
• A unified view of dislocations in quasicrystals, with a brand new version for dislocation motion
• A common version of dislocation habit in crystals with non-planar dislocation cores
• Dislocation houses at excessive velocities
• Dislocations in colloidal crystals
Read or Download A Tribute to F.R.N. Nabarro PDF
Best crystallography books
X-ray crystallography has lengthy been a necessary strategy for learning the constitution of proteins and different macromolecules. because the value of proteins keeps to develop, in fields from biochemistry and biophysics to pharmaceutical improvement and biotechnology, many researchers have came across wisdom of X-ray diffraction is an essential device.
A quantity together with entries on quasicrystals, icosahedral packing, different packing issues, prolonged buildings, info therapy and information mining is gifted via luminaries from the crystallography neighborhood. a number of of the contributions are from the colleges of such trend-setting crystallographers as J.
- Chaos: From Simple Models to Complex Systems (Series on Advances in Statistical Mechanics)
- X-Ray Diffraction (Paperback)
- Handbook on the Physics and Chemistry of Rare Earths. vol.11 Two-Hundred-Year Impact of Rare Earths on Science
- Shaping space : exploring polyhedra in nature, art, and the geometrical imagination
- Introduction to Crystal Growth and Characterization
- Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Volume 37
Additional info for A Tribute to F.R.N. Nabarro
Mater. Sci. 33 (4) (1989) 223–315. H. R. Weertman, Mater. Today 9 (5) (2006) 24–31. E. Arzt, Acta Mater. 46 (16) (1998) 5611–5626. W. J. Thomas, Ultramicroscopy 40 (3) (1992) 376–384. J. W. A. Eastman, Scripta Metall. Mater. 24 (1) (1990) 201–206. P. Hirth, Metall. Trans. 3 (12) (1972) 3047–3067. W. P. Hirth, Mater. Sci. Eng. 9 (1) (1972) 15. Z. Y. A. Kaibyshev, Phys. Status Solidi A Appl. Res. 97 (1) (1986) 11–56. D. Frenkel, B. Smit, Understanding Molecular Simulation, Academic, 2002. M. Parrinello, A.
Atomistic simulation has revealed that atomic scale GB processes such as atomic shuffling and free volume migration occur before and/or after partial dislocation nucleation and facilitating local stress relaxation [96,105]. Whether the observed stress relief is transferable to experimental conditions or whether this is related uniquely to the purity of the GBs remains an open question. The fact is that upon dislocation nucleation at a particular GB, the associated stress relief within that boundary makes it unlikely that the nucleation of the trailing partial dislocation will be seen within the timeframe of a simulation unless the ratio between an empirical potential’s unstable to stable stacking fault is very close to unity.
Van Swygenhoven, D. Farkas, A. Caro, Phys. Rev. B 62 (2) (2000) 831–838. H. Van Swygenhoven, A. Caro, D. Farkas, Scripta Mater. 44 (8–9) (2001) 1513–1516. J. M. J. Delph, J. Appl. Phys. 89 (7) (2001) 4198. J. M. J. Delph, J. Appl. Phys. 89 (1) (2001) 99–104. C. J. C. Hamilton, Phys. Rev. B 58 (1998) 11085–11088. S. Van Petegem, J. Kuriplach, Acta Phys. Pol. A 107 (5) (2005) 769–775. H. Van Swygenhoven, Science 296 (5565) (2002) 66–67. H. Van Swygenhoven, A. Caro, Phys. Rev. B 58 (17) (1998) 11246–11251.
- The fundamental theorems of the differential calculus by W. H Young
- Entwicklungsgesetze der Stadt: Vorträge und Berichte by Professor Dr. Dr. H. Freyer (auth.)