By Y.H. Helen Zhang
This is the 1st quantity of a e-book sequence devoted to "Qualitative and Quantitative research of medical and Scholarly Communication". battling plagiarism is a the pinnacle precedence for STM publishing. a pragmatic consultant will importantly give a contribution to the attention of the correct groups, bringing to the skin the elemental principles and examples from the literature.
Read Online or Download Against Plagiarism: A Guide for Editors and Authors PDF
Similar authors books
Greater than so much writers, Robert Louis Stevenson calls for a Literary lifestyles. As Henry James commented on interpreting Balfour's existence: 'Louis. .. has outmoded, in my view, his books, and this final alternative of himself. .. has killed the literary luggage. ' critical severe cognizance to Stevenson's literary works has been really sluggish to seem, even though the 'Life of Stevenson' keeps to flourish, having turn into virtually a minor style in its personal correct.
In Deaf Peddler: Confessions of an inside of guy, Dennis greenback unveils the fine details of exploiting his "disability" to earn effortless funds via practising a special kind of panhandling. Dennis peddled for eleven years regardless of keeping a level in computing device technological know-how and receiving Supplemental safety source of revenue (SSI) and Social defense incapacity assurance (SSDI).
A brand new York occasions Bestselling writer Hillary Baxter used to be in simple terms twenty-one whilst she left rural Kansas to pursue a brand new York modeling occupation. whilst Bret Bardoff, proprietor and writer of stylish Mode journal, provided her a prestigious six-month agreement, the sky was once the restrict. there has been just one challenge: Hillary fell in love with Brett.
"Jang Jin-sung demonstrates detailed perception into the approach to life and gear buildings of North Korea's best elite. the story, finishing along with his personal dramatic break out, depicts Jang's slow metamorphosis from overall conformist, to severe doubter, to enemy of the nation. expensive chief is a compelling tale informed with the beauty and poetry of the Orient: a page-turner that may swap the best way the area sees this enigmatic nation.
- William Faulkner: A Life through Novels
- Mordecai: The Life & Times
- Fighting the current: the life and work of Evelyn Scott
- Advocate for America: the life of James Kirke Paulding
Extra resources for Against Plagiarism: A Guide for Editors and Authors
11. H. 2010. Chinese journal ﬁnds 31 % of submissions plagiarized. Nature 467: 153. 12. Grifﬁn, C. 2010. The journal of bone and joint surgery’s CrossCheck experience. Learned Publishing 23: 132–135. 13. Kleinert, S. 2011. On behalf of the editors of all Lancet journals. Checking for plagiarism, duplicate publication, and text recycling. The Lancet 377: 281–82. 14. html. 38 2 Differences Between Anglophone and Non-anglophone Journals 15. COPE Research Granted. 2011. CrossCheck guidance: An analysis of typical cases of plagiarism in different disciplines.
Life Sci. CrossCheck user CrossCheck nonuser 0 20 40 60 80 100 Number of respondents Fig. 1 All respondents analyzed by geographic journal location (a) and by discipline (b), showing CrossCheck users and nonusers (Q1 and Q2 cross-analyzed with Q3, SV1 and SV2, n = 219). *Life Sci. /Eng. ; Social Sci. ; Computing/EE includes Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering (EE), Automation and Artiﬁcial Intelligence, etc. Data Analysis For multiple choice questions, the percentage of each option was calculated and compared, and the results were cross-analyzed, as appropriate, by native language of the respondents, by discipline and by geographic journal location.
28. Radulescu, G. 1985. Duplicate publication is boring. American Journal of Diseases of Children 139: 119–120. 29. Hexham, I. 1999. The plague of plagiarism. Department of Religious Studies. The University of Calgary. htm#self. 30. Suresh, S. 2011. Moving toward global science. Science 333: 802. 31. Williams, A. 2007. Copyright: past, present and future. Learned Publishing 20: 113–119. 32. G. 2008. China’s copyright dilemma. Learned Publishing 21: 278–284. Chapter 3 Publication in More Than One Language For a variety of reasons, journal articles may be republished in translation (although this cannot be detected by computerized text-matching tools such as CrossCheck).
- Fray Angélico Chávez: Poet, Priest, and Artist by Ellen McCracken
- Holocaust in Romania, The: The Destruction of Jews and by Radu Ioanid, Élie Wiesel