By Dibyendu Sarkar, Rupali Datta, Avinandan Mukherjee, Robyn Hannigan
Covers the latest subject matters within the box of environmental administration and gives a wide specialize in the theoretical and methodological underpinnings of environmental management
- Provides an up to date survey of the sphere from the point of view of other disciplines
- Covers the subject of environmental administration from a number of views, particularly, ordinary sciences, engineering, company, social sciences, and techniques and instruments perspectives
- Combines either educational rigor and useful method via literature experiences and theories and examples and case stories from various geographic parts and coverage domains
- Explores neighborhood and worldwide problems with environmental administration and analyzes the position of varied members within the environmental administration process
- Chapter contents are thoroughly verified with various photos, charts, graphs, and tables, and followed through a close reference record for additional readings
Read or Download An Integrated Approach to Environmental Management PDF
Best natural resources books
The best textbooks on fish at the present time. provides an excellent evaluate of all of the correct subject matters going into aspect within the areas the place it's best wanted. on the way to be aware of whatever approximately fish this is often the precise position to begin and when you are going to be educating a category on fish, this can be the textbook for you!
Glossy aquaculture is confronted with a couple of demanding situations, together with public problem approximately environmental affects and the welfare of farmed fish. A primary figuring out of fish biology is relevant to discovering how one can meet those demanding situations and is usually crucial for retaining the industry's sustainability.
""" This e-book has been written as a consultant to the administration and use of formulated feeds in in depth fish and shrimp tradition. whereas its concentration is at the use of commercially professional duced feeds in extensive creation structures, it really is expected that some of the functional concerns coated can be of equivalent curiosity to these fish farmers who make their very own feeds and to those that use formulated feeds in much less in depth structures.
With the dramatically emerging sophistication of organic tools and items and the expanding use of recombinant DNA know-how, now's an apt time to check the prestige of biotechnology in animal feeding. This ebook offers succinct but accomplished insurance of goods of biotechnology and allied sciences utilized in animal feed and feeding industries.
- Arctic Charr Aquaculture
- Globalisation and Sustainable Development: Environmental Agendas
- Natural resources in Afghanistan : geographic and geologic perspectives on centuries of conflict
- Paleokarst Related Hydrocarbon Reservoirs (SEPM Core Workshop Notes 18)
- Trace Metals in Aquatic Systems
Extra resources for An Integrated Approach to Environmental Management
Kruge. , 2002). The sediment budget is of great concern to coastal plan ners, particularly along the eastern seaboard of the United States, who are in many instances compelled to repeatedly undertake expensive artificial beach nourishment operations when the natural sand supply fails to keep pace with erosion. 13 Aerial view of Atlantic Beach, New York, in 2010 showing how groins perturb patterns of sand deposition on the beach. The four groins in this photo are the dark, linear features perpendicular to the shoreline about 70 m long, constructed by piling large boulders.
In addition to applied fertilizers, the combustion of fossil fuels produces nitrogen emissions into the atmosphere, some of which returns to the 22 Geology in Environmental Management surface. Phosphorus has been an important ingredient in household detergents, but many jurisdictions have now mandated reduction in its concentration or elimination from cleaning products. Municipal wastewater effluents contribute both N and P, as do animal manures accumulating in large feedlots. , 1999). The sources of N and P (as well as other pollutants) to aquatic systems can be point or nonpoint.
Wastes may include relatively pure substances, contaminated components from decommissioned facilities, or protective clothing and tools that were in contact with nuclear materials (ANDRA, 2012). The long‐term fate of spent nuclear fuel and high‐level radioactive waste in the United States remains unresolved, the subject of both scientific research and political contro versy. Yucca Mountain, Nevada, was chosen by the US Congress in 1987 as the single repository in the country for all such waste, after a decade of site evaluation.
- Agrarian Landscapes in Transition: Comparisons of Long-Term by Charles Redman, David R. Foster
- Redundancy in Mathematical Programming: A State-of-the-Art by Prof. Mark H. Karwan, Prof. Vahid Lotfi, Prof. Stanley